Summer car mats
Summer car mats
Drivers are used to changing their tyres between winter and summer depending on the season and climate. But did you know that the floor mats in the car also need to be changed depending on the season? In this article we explain why you should.
- The most common rubber car floor mats can be dangerous in hot weather, causing overheating and unpleasant odours. Rubber tends to heat up in high temperatures, especially in direct sunlight. Exposure to sunlight increases the temperature in the car considerably and rubber floor mats can even feel hot to the touch.
Toxic emissions: Rubber can release toxic chemicals such as benzene and formaldehyde when heated. Inhalation of these substances can be harmful to human health, especially if the driver is left in a closed interior for a long period of time.
- Rubber floor mats can become softer and more pliable at high temperatures, which can cause them to warp. This can cause problems in securing the floor mats and cause them to slip under the driver's or passengers' feet.
- Also, like conventional car tyres, rubber floor mats crack over time when exposed to heat and allow moisture to penetrate the interior.
To avoid this nuisance during the hot season, we recommend that you take a set of EVA floor mats with you for the summer:
- EVA is an environmentally friendly material
- has no unpleasant odour
- can withstand temperatures of up to 50 degrees Celsius
- the bright colour palette of the doormats brings real summer holiday atmosphere.
- Dust and sand are not as visible on EVA carpets as they are on rubber carpets.